SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Sash Support Andersen Window Balances

A quick learner from Bergen, NY says:
These were installed in my home when it was new in 1987. I expect the attached images will be enough info to ID what I need for replacement parts from swisco, as there are p/ns in the pics. There are two pics because the string on both sides to the lower window of the Anderson double hung is broken. This is a standard bedroom window.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Please see our 24-737 Andersen sash balance. This is used to replace balances stamped with "7#27."
A home owner from Bergen, NY says:
Last night, I installed both sides of 24-737 Andersen sash balance to replace ones that were broken both sides for the lower window. Works great.

Side note: to get to the sash balancers to begin with, I'm having to cut away with a box cutter the front of the "head jam liner", because that piece has a lip (as seen in the swisco demo video) in the that is covered by two layers of window trim (the swisco video doesnt have window trim covering the lip of the head jam liner, https://youtu.be/8KvjMG0IAWk?t=1m47s, the guy just prys it off witha flathead screwdriver, but if window trip is present, you cant do that). I'd rather cut it out and then place some white tape over the cut when reinstalled at the end, than tear apart two layers of window trim that cover that lip. When I get the part I'm going to switch to a cutting wheel that fits a power driver to cut out the head jam liner than continue to do a hack job with the box cutter.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)