Replacement Sash Support Coil Balance

A quick learner from swedesboro, nj says:
The coil has broken on my vinyl window. There are not any markings to indicate the manufacturer or weight. The sash is 28 X 30. Double pane.
User submitted a photo of a pivot shoe.
Additional picture added.
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This looks somewhat like our 15-177 pivot shoe, which also works with the Series 152 coil spring. See what you think.
Concerned about the end of coil. Mine is bent and fits in that groove. There is no hole on either end of the coil. Also I have no idea what weight the coil needs to be. I notice a "F" on the coil.
It does look like the 15-177. How does the coil secure in the shoe? If you can recommend what weight the coil should be I would be glad to make the investment in 2 complete new pivot shoes with coils.
Profile picture of Paul
Our Series 152 screws to the shoe. You have an older version that is no longer available. I can't tell if your shoe has accessible screw holes or not, so you should check to make sure. The 15-177 has a screw hole on either side.

As for the stamp, can you tell me how much your sash weighs? Can you also confirm how many springs are used on each side of the window?
i have weighed my sash. It weighs 18 lbs. I have one on each side. Would that then be two 9 lbs? I guess i will need two 15-177's also.
Profile picture of Paul
Yep, with one spring on each side of an 18 pound sash, I would go with the S152-9.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.