SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Seals for 30 year old wood casement windows

A quick learner from Bathurst New Brunswrick says:
I have purchased a house with 30 year old casement windows. The seal system is dry and hard and has been painted a few times. The seal system has two components to it. A bubble type strip that sits in a groove in the window frame. The opening section of the window frame would close and press against the bubble. In addition to this the opening section of the window also has a seal. This is mounted to the side of the opening section and has two sweep type legs on it as well as a small bubble incorporated into the rear sweep leg. This also fits into a groove in the window. I have about 18 windows in the house and some are leaking. The overall wood windows ate solid all except for one.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, we could try to replace the seals you have, but I will need pictures of it so that we can find a good match. Please make sure your pictures show the cross section so that we can make out its shape. Thanks!
A quick learner from Bathurst New Brunswrick says:
Here are some photos I just took.

User submitted photos of weather seal.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
We do have two types of bubble seal that may work for you. Check out our 58-053 and 58-055 and see if these could work on your window.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)