SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Season-All Window latch

A home owner from Long Beach, NY says:
I am trying to replace a lock for a window, which I think is a Season-All window. The lock I removed says Season-All so I assume the window is also. There is a shim (see image called Window latch 1) inside a channel on the window (see image called Window latch 3). The latch is broken and I need to replace it so that I have something to screw the keeper into.

The last image - Window latch 2 - shows the shim and the keeper. The shim measures 2.5 inches long and 5/16 of an inch deep. It is width is tapered - 2/16 of an inch to 3/16 of an inch. I hope you can help me.

Thanks,
Patty
User submitted photos of a window lock & keeper.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon, Patty. If it's just the shim you're looking for, then see our 90-058. Note that it is only 1/16" thick, however, so you may need a couple and stack them up. Let me know what you think!
A home owner says:
Thank you for the quick response. However, the shim you suggested will not work because the holes for the screws are in the wrong location. The shim I need has to sit down into the channel (5/16th of an inch deep) with the holes on the top (3/16th of an inch) so I can screw the keeper into them.
Any other suggestions?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we do not have any keepers that fit those specifications exactly, but what I have done in the past is to drill out the holes on the 90-058 to meet the hole centers of the keeper. Could that work for you?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)