SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Series 850 crossbow balances

A home owner from Mint Hill, NC says:
I recently ordered the #850 crossbow balance after contacting you to be sure it was the correct part. I used the measuring instructions on the site, but the parts are incorrect. I am going to return what I have, but I need to order more balances and need assistance determining the correct length. I ordered 16.5" balances based on what I was seeing. It looks like I need one with a spring that is twice that length, as you can see in image 4. Please let me know something asap. Thank you.
A customer submitted photo of a block and tackle balance.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the images.

It appears that you are just measuring the spring of your crossbow balance; as you can see from the ones you ordered, there is more to the balance itself. I think that maybe your spring was removed from your original balance. You will have to measure the entire thing in order to know what Series 850 you will need to order. Please refer to the following picture to see what I mean:
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)