SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Sliding mirrored door track

A quick learner from Eldorado Hills, CAI says:
I need to replace this track, I think this is 23-257.Do you think this is correct? What is this track made of that makes is so much more expensive than say, 23-243?
User submitted photos of mirror closet door track.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The 23-257 is one possible match, but we also have the 23-273, which I personally feel looks closer. The 23-257 is priced the way it is because its made of an Aluminum extrusion, while the other types of track are just a roll form type metal. Aluminum extrusion tracks are heavier and can take more abuse over the years.
A professional from CA says:
If you want the aluminum version, 23-258 is the replacement for yours. The dimensions line up almost exactly. 23-273 has the same critical dimensions and will work well if installed on a flat surface. The main problem with your original track was that it needs a block to support the center or else it is easily crushed. The roll form replacement does not have the raised center. Personally, I prefer the aluminum version because it is much stronger, but either track should work well if you are not rough on it.
A quick learner from el dorado hills, ca says:
thank you CA.
I agree with 23-258 because the Monarch mirror-doors are so heavy. Will further investigate over the weekend.
A quick learner from el dorado hills, ca says:
ps. my roller wheels seem to rest higher than the track for the 23-258 which can be a problem with fitting the doors into the top track. Any thoughts?
A home owner from el dorado hills, ca says:
4 further photos. Two 'head-on', one with right mirror door off the crushed track and one with top track. Please confirm 23-258, as it would be stronger for my Monarchs. Also, please confirm that the roller track would sit high enough so that the doors can set into the top track. Thank you for your help.
User submitted photos of closet door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
As long as your door can clear 1/2", and that the wheels are set higher, you should be able to use our 23-258 track.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)