SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Spiral Tension

A handy person from North Carolina says:
I have two different size windows I am looking for replacement spiral balancers for. Both were purchased from Lowe's around 2000 but I can not find any information on the windows.
Window 1: Balancer 17-1/2" long, no tip/color remains, tube diameter 0.421", weighs 11.8 pounds.
Window 2: Balancer 29-1/2" long, yellow tip, tube diameter 0.421", weighs 18.8 pounds.
The only identification I have been able to find is shown in one of the pictures. There are the numbers: H-R25-48x78 and H-R35*-38x74 on the inside top portion of the window.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. You have an Atrium Window from North Carolina. The .421" outer tube diameter has us puzzled. I can't think of any balances that are made in that size. The only standard tilt window spiral balances we carry are our Series 900 at 3/8" diameter and our Series 600 at 5/8" or 9/16" diameter. Could either of these be a better match? If not, I'd like to see the pivot bar on the sash and the pivot shoe. I'd also like their dimensions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)