Replacement Traco Balance

A handy person from Jupiter fl says:
Its 32 1/4" long not including the missing plastic part on the end
Channel balance
Channel balance
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm confident we can replace this for you, though it will need to be custom made. I'm thinking a channel balance with our 19-041 top and 15-005 bottom. Does that look about right? I just need you to clear up a couple more details.

First, what is the length of just the metal channel? 32-1/4" is a little weird for this kind of balance. Just make sure to ignore both nylon attachments in your measurement, you only want the metal part.

Can you also tell me the stamp printed on the channel? That will let us determine the proper spring strength. If there is no stamp, we will need he weight of the sash.

Finally, how many did you need?
A quick learner from Jupiter fl says:
Sorry to take so long getting back. Hurricane Irma kinda slowed things down in So Fl. Yes your rite the metal channel is 32" long. There are no markings at all on the metal channel. I can tell you the springs are 19" long and 1/2" dia. I guess I may have to weigh the sash if need be. I wanted to start replacing all the window balances. Different sizes about 20 windows. It looks like it might be easier to order all the tops and bottoms pieces so I'm only removing window and hardware once. Do you sell a string and pulley kit.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for getting back to us! Yes, if there is no marking on the balance channel then the only other way to determine spring strength is knowing the weight of the sash. Replacing the top and bottom nylon pieces is totally doable, if those are the only things that are damaged, but I'm afraid it's not possible to replace the string and pulley system. If those are broken, you need an all new balance.
A quick learner from Ju says:
When I get a chance I will weigh the one large window, order the balances and see how it goes before doing all of them. So just measuring the spring does not help? Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Correct: weighing the balance does not help.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.