SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Viking window sash channel balances

A home owner from Napa, CA says:
Can you please assist me in figuring out which sash channel balance is correct for my windows? They are Viking windows. Non tilt. They are stamped 2340. They are a half inch in width. The silver metal part measures 23 3/4". Overall plastic tip to plastic tip measures 25". I notice there are many choices and I'm not sure which is which. Thank you for your time.

John
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! We should be able to replace this balance, though it will need to be custom made. Before we begin, can you just tell me how many you need?
A home owner from Napa, CA says:
First off thank you for your assistance. Of all the choices you have this one has to be custom made? Perhaps did I measure incorrectly? Next question, what is the cost for a custom made balance?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Yes, yours is a unique combination. The key component is the fact that the pulley system is located in the shoe itself, rather than the channel. Some other important differences include the length of the metal channel and the style of the hook. It's not that these are rare, just very specific. It just has too many different components that have to be made in a certain a way.

Once you tell me how many you need, I'll shoot you over a price quote. Keep in mind there is a minimum order quantity of 2.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)