SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Weather Stripping

A quick learner from Hurst, Texas says:
Attached are two pictures of the weather stripping on the front doors of our church. These Kawneer doors were installed c1963. There is only weather stripping on the door that has the locking mechanism. The weather stripping has fiber on each side and what appears to have been some sort of solid sweep in the center (or on the inside of the fiber sweeps). I can see some screw holes but they appear to be mostly held in place by what I think are springs punched from the weather stripping itself. The doors are 7' tall. The weather stripping is in two pieces separated by the locking mechanism. I have attached pictures. Is this a job I can do myself?

Also, is there anything I can use to stop the wind from blowing through the space where the lock is?

Thank you,
Johnnie
User submitted photo of their weatherseal.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
You might have the Kawneer 58-111 weather stripping, which comes in 8' lengths. We also carry the generic type that fits Kawneer doors, our 58-085. It comes in 7' lengths so you will have less waste. As for locking face plates, we carry the 79-029 for the short throw bolt and the 79-030 for the longer throw bolt. Review this hardware and let me know what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)