SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Weatherstrip

A handy person from Castle Rock CO says:
I have "contractor grade", aluminum-clad casement windows that utilize weatherstrip that fits into a grove on all four sides of the window. Enclosed are pictures of (1) the install weather strip showing the "
A user submitted image of window weather strip
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm having a bit of trouble identifying your weatherstripping, actually. It looks like the black nylon part is inside a greater foam strip, sort of like our 58-163. Is that the case? If so, can I see a different picture of the end of the foam strip? The one here is a bit frayed, and I can't quite make out its shape.
A handy person from Castle Rock CO says:
Hi Paul. Good to hear from you. You are correct in that the black plastic "frame" is surrounded by foam and then encased by a beige nylon cover. Your product 58-170 is pretty close other the one I am trying to find has a single headed barb ... and is in beige.

I have not removed a good section of the weather strip, but can provide the following picture which should help understanding the final shape.

Many thanks.
A customer submitted photo of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the extra picture! Unfortunately, I still can't really see the shape of it. However, aside from our 58-163, you may want to also look at our 58-170. If you still aren't sure, please look through our Bubble Seal category and see if there is anything there that may work for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)