Replacement Weatherstrip Pile

A home owner from NC says:
Could you please identify this weatherstrip pile and recommended Swisco replacement. The pile does have a center fin seal. I guessing a 58-158. 7/32 x 5/16.

Thanks,

Richard
User submitted photos of wool pile.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I agree, our 58-158 looks like a close match, assuming your measurements are the same.
A quick learner from Nc says:
Thank you Paul. I just ordered one roll. If correct I'll re-order what's needed.

Thanks,
Richard
A quick learner says:
Received the ordered roll of 58-158. Appears to be too tight for the slot. Will slide about one inch then stops. What would be the next smaller width item number?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Based on your first photo, the base of your original seal does appear to be 7/32", same as ours. The next size down would be the 58-021 or the 58-127, which each have a 3/16" base. Looking at your photos the 3/16" base might be to small and the wool pile would fall out of the groove. Examine the groove in the window to make sure it is clear, with no obstructions that might get in the way. Also, when installing the new wool pile make sure the wool itself does not get caught up in the groove on the window. This has happened to me when replacing wool pile.
A quick learner says:
Dave,
The height of the 58-158 that I ordered looks correct when physically matching it to my wool pile. My wool pile width does appear to slightly narrower than the 58-158.

The 58-021 looks a better match on the width but may not be tall enough.

58-127 looks to be a correct match but the white color will not work on brown windows.

I'll recheck the grooves. The 58-158 does not slide easily in the groove as shown in your installation video. I called and someone recommended spraying Windex in the groove. That did not help.
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.