SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Window Crank (MUST BE WHITE)

A home owner from Miami Beach, FL says:
I need to replace a window crank with the following specs:
Horizontal spacing - 1 1/8"
Vertical spacing - 5 1/4" (top hole is offset to the inside)
Arm - 2 5/16" #76 (stamped on arm)
Arm Hole - 3/8"

Stamped inside housing is a large 93 and
PAT NO D-198202 US
12 RD 1963 CAN
R H

Not sure if this helps or you just chuckle every time someone provides that info but better safe than sorry.

MUST BE WHITE!
Thank you
User submitted photos of a window crank.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! We love to get as much information as possible for replacement hardware as it will surely help other customers in the future. Besides, you're absolutely right: it's always better to be safe than to be sorry! Thank you for the helpful information.

Now, for the operator, please take a look at our 39-025 and compare it to what you have. Could this be used as a possible match? Let me know what you think.
A home owner says:
Thanks for the reply. I have looked at a couple different cranks.

I re-measured the arm (on center, hole-to-hole) and it definitely appears to be 2 5/16. Is it better to go the 1/16 longer (39-061 @ 2 3/8) or 1/16 shorter (39-025 @ 2 1/4)?

On the 39-025, what is the diameter of the arm hole as a fraction? The "10-24 threading" is Greek to me. The 39-061 says 1/4" 20 which I assume means the size of the hole is 1/4" and 20 maybe refers to the closeness/tightness of the threading.

Thanks again
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for getting back to us.

It appears the 39-061 Keller Window Crank may be a better fit. Take a look and see what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)