SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement awning operator

A home owner from Newnan, GA says:
Unfortunately, I have no name of manufacturer of my garden window. The operator on it broke and after much searching and anguish I found a replacement that worked for a while before breaking part of the housing. It was strickly a "Rube Goldberg" type of repair that I made. Now I would like to repair the window with a correct operator.

The first problem that I have noticed is that the mounting holes are 3.5 inches apart, vertically. The window has a long lifting arm so the lifting arm near the operator is only about 2.75 inches long. I perfer a handle but am willing to take whatever I can find. This window exhausts hot air from the kitchen so it is becoming quiet necessary now.
A customer submitted photo of a window operator installation hole.
A home owner from Newman, GA says:
I do not have thr original operator. As I said in my email there is no information on the operator I have. I noticed that all of your operators the mounting holes are 5+ inches apart and mine is 3+ inches...I sent pics of the place it mounts.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. We have located a possible replacement part and will post more information in this thread as soon as we have more information available.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Please take a look at new SWISCO product code 39-380, Roof Vent Operator. This was the closest crank we could find for you.
A home owner from Newnan, GA says:
Ms Donna, thanks for the note but, the one you cited will not work for me. I appreciate your efforts. Best Regards, Eirvin
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)