SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement balance 2530 stamp

A quick learner from Pace, FL says:
I have a Gapco Window that is missing both channel balances. The window sash measures 20 3/8 in high by 34 in wide. I want to know what length would work. I have identified the other Gapco windows in the house as the series 351 with 19-002 top and 15-002 shoe (I think). They are stamped 2530 BSI. I attached some photos to make sure I order the right parts.
User submitted picture of channel balance stampe 2530 BSI.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Before I can confirm what Series channel balance you have, I'll have to figure out what bottom shoe you have. Please look at the measurements for our 15-001 and 15-002 bottom shoes and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-1/8" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which measurement more closely resembles your own shoe? Once you tell us, we will be able to determine what Series your balance is.

Please also tell me the length of the metal channel. Do not include the plastic attachments in this measurement.
A landlord from Pace, FL says:
The shoes measure 1 1/8 and the channels are 26 inches long. Can you give me your best guess what will work for my 20 x 34 window sash that's missing both channels. It's Gapco like my others so I think the length will be the only issue.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. With that shoe and length, I recommend that you look at our S390-26 channel balance with a 2530 stamp option.

However, I'm not sure what you mean when you say that your window is missing channels. I can see in the pictures you took that your balances are whole. When you say "channel," are you referring to the metal part of the balance, or something in your window? If it's missing from your balance, how do you know that it's 26"
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)