SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement block and tackle

A home owner from Myrtle Beach SC says:
1/2 X 28 block & tackle 12/2 unique 27-C-30 I would need 6 of them at this time
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I cannot identify what you have based on this stamp alone. Can you show me a picture of the clip at the end of the cord, and perhaps of the shoe to which the clip attaches? That would be a huge help. Thank you!
A quick learner says:
Additional pictures
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. I think we can help, though this will likely need to be custom made. I'm thinking something like our S770-28 channel balance, but with the bottom clip swapped out with our 62-105 hook. What do you think? Could this work?

If so, I'd like a couple pieces of information before we continue. First, can you tell me the weight of your sash? This will enable us to calculate the proper spring strength. Can you also tell me how many you need?
A quick learner says:
Does the 12/2 27C30 in the 1st pic I sent identify the weight requirements. I would need 6 of them at this time
Profile picture of Tom
It gives me an idea, but since this has to be custom made and cannot be returned for a refund, I just wanted to be 100% sure that we get you the right hardware. If you want to go by just the stamp, then there's a good chance it's our 27C option. Two balances with this option can carry a sash weight of 18 through 23 pounds. If that sounds good to you, let me know and we can get started.
A quick learner says:
That sounds fine, since they would be a custom job and not returnable could I get a price
Profile picture of Tom
Sure, I just emailed you a custom order link, which includes a price. You can use this link to add this special product to your cart.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)