SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement casement window operner needed

A quick learner from Brighton, MI says:
My casement window opener is broken. I think the screw/crank mechanism has just become stripped over the years. The first photo shows a Patent ID of 4505601. The window opens from the right side and swings out to the left. I'm assuming this is an original part from a condo built in 1989.

Thanks,
Bill
User submitted photos of a window operator.
RH TRUTH
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Bill, thanks for posting. Before I can offer an applicable replacement for your operator, can you first tell me what the length of the arm is? Let me know!
Thanks for getting back to me. I'll need a few days to get back to this rental property, but I will be back with a measurement.
Profile picture of Tom
Great. In the meantime, you should check out either our 39-013 & 39-014 pair, or our 39-027E & 39-028E pair of casement operators.
Hi Tom,

The arm appears to be about 12 inches long as per the attached photo, but if we factor the bend/dogleg to the base, it maybe 13 1/2". Seems like it is between the 39-104 or the 39-374.

Bill
Profile picture of Tom
The 39-374 is actually just the older style of the new 39-014. They are interchangeable. I agree, though, they seem to be the best place to start. Just double check to make sure that arm length is the same.
Thanks for your help. Ordered the parts today.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)