SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement channel balance

A home owner from USA says:
I need a pair of replacement channel balances for a NuAir single hung, non-tilting hurricane window. The sash weighs about 52lbs. The current channel balances are stamped: 34-16 JB5 CMC (34HP49-51). The metal portion is 35" long with a double spring inside.

Can you please tell me where I can get a pair.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! That is a very heavy sash. A replacement balance may need to be custom made. Before we can get started on that, though, I would like you to confirm the size of your bottom shoe. I believe you either have the 15-004 or 15-005, I just can't determine which. Look at their measurements and please tell me which is closer. Thanks!
Comparison of <a href=15-004 & 15-005' />
A quick learner says:
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, thank you. I actually need one last piece of information and we'll be good to go! Can you tell me if this is for the bottom or top sash of your window?
A quick learner says:
This is a single moveable sash window and the sash is on the bottom.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for getting back to us. I'll email you a custom balance ordering link shortly.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)