SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement channel balance and top sash guide

A quick learner from palm coast fl says:
Can you tell me what channel balance and top sash guide I have? I also have a window lock and keeper I would like replaced. can you please tell me what would work for that?
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
A customer submitted photo of a top sash guide.
A customer submitted photo of a window lock casing.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! We will need some information about your parts before we can offer any viable substitutes.

First, what is the length of the metal portion of your channel, in inches? Also, please tell us all stamps or numbers printed on your channel, as they will help us determine what option you will need.

For the top sash guide and the window lock, can you please give us their dimensions?

For the window lock, the most essential dimension is the distance between the screw hole-centers.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
The top sash guide looks like SWISCO product code 18-161, compare the measurements to your sample.
Like Tom said, we need details to get started identifying the balances and window lock.
A quick learner says:
The balance is 32", and stamped 31E.

The top sash guide is 1-5/8" long and 5/8" wide with a 1/2"x7/8"x1/16" cap

2-1/4" centers on window lock
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the information! The top sash guide looks very similar to our 18-161. Please take a look at that and see what you think. As for the window lock, please look at our 90-097 Window Lock & Keeper, which also measures 2-1/4".

I'm a little unsure about your balance. It seems you have a winged top attachment, with a non-winged bottom shoe, which might mean we would need to make a custom balance for you. Before we can say for sure, though, please refer to the following chart, and pick your bottom shoe out from the four examples. This will at least narrow down the search for what you will need.
A SWISCO guide to identifying balance shoes.
A quick learner says:
Non winged 1" like the 15-002. Can I use the standard one?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. This will definitely have to be a custom balance, due to the mismatched attachments. To get things started, please fill out this Custom Balance Order Form, after which one of our associates will be in contact with you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)