Replacement channel balances

A home owner from Syracuse, IN says:
I have season all windows model 135. I need 2 different sized channel balances. One is about 17.25" long and has "1610" stamped on it. The other is about 15.5" long and has "1410" stamped on it. The springs in the channel balances have broken.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid your images did not come through. Could you try uploading them again? Thank you!
A home owner from Syracuse, IN says:
D67968
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks! I think you might have either our Series 351 or Series 390 depending on the depth of the bottom black shoe. See which one is closer. I also recommend double checking the length of your metal channels. Based on your stamps, they should be 17" long for the 1610 and 15" long for the 1410. Make sure to only measure the metal channel; do not count the nylon attachments.
A home owner says:
The metal channels are 14.5" (1410) and 16.5" (1610). Not counting the plastic at either end. The black plastic piece is 1" long and0.5" wide on both channel balances. I have also sent a copy of the original invoice when they were purchased.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for clarifying! Okay, that shouldn't be a problem. These balances will need to be custom made, however, due to their unique lengths. Were you able to confirm which Series I mentioned above was closer? Can you also tell me how many of each you need? Once we know those two pieces of information, we can send you a custom price quote and order form.
A home owner says:
I have ordered these in the past but got them through the dealer I bought the Windows from. At that time the windows were no longer being made. There was never a mention of the being custom made. Some of my old paper work mentions series 351. I am sending a photo of the parts next to a measuring tape. Please note that the measurement is beginning at the tip of the black plastic piece and not the metal.
I would need 6 of the 1610 and 3 of the 1410.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. I'm afraid the picture you sent does not help narrow it down. I definitely think it's either the Series 351 or Series 390 but I cannot tell based on pictures. The difference in the shoe size is too small for us to reliably identify it. You will need to measure your bottom shoe and see how it compares to our dimensions. That is the only way. Once you can confirm the Series, we will send you the information we need and finalize this order.
A home owner says:
The shoe on my channel balances are 1 1/8" x 1" x 1/2". That would make them a series 390. Since you recommend changing both sides at the same time, can I order 6 of the 1610 (17") and 4 of the 1410 (15")?
Profile picture of Tom
Sure thing! See our S390-17 and S390-15. These are standard balances that do not have to be custom made. If you wish to get the 16-1/2" long and 15-1/2" long balances instead, let me know and I can shoot you a custom order form and price quote.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.