Replacement channels for bathroom window

A home owner from Jacksonville, Fl says:
Hello, I have a Kinco window that has a channel designation 16 3 HW CMC 7 this is the channel on the right side that has the string broken. I would like to replace both channels right and left as the other one will soon go if this one has gone. I don't know how to do this. Do you have the replacement parts and instructions? It looks fairly simple. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Richard
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. It all depends on what type of window you have. If it's non-tilt, this handy tutorial video should help you determine how to install your balances.

If it's a tilt window though, then things we ma need to know more information. Let me know!
A quick learner from Jacksonville, Fl says:
Here are the pictures:
User submitted picture of channel balance attachments and stamp.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for getting back to us! Before I can offer an applicable replacement for this channel balance, I just need to know a bit more information about the bottom attachment. Please take a look at our 15-004 and 15-005 channel balance shoes, and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-3/32" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which one more closely matches your own bottom attachment? Just by eyeballing it, I think it may be closer to our 15-004, but I would like you to confirm, just in case.
A quick learner from Jacksonville, Fl says:
The channel balance shoe is the 15-005. The measurements are 1 inch deep by 15/16th by 1/2". Can I order a right and left side channel balance in tact so I can slip into the window? The metal channel is 17" long. How do I order? Please advise.

Thanks, Richard
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you, Richard. In that case, please see our S380-17 channel balance. Does that look about right? I'd also recommend the 1630 option, which can carry a window sash weight of 12 through 14 pounds. Does your sash's weight fall within this range?
How to replace a window sash channel balance
How to replace a window sash channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.