SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement crank part

A home owner from Hayden, Colorado says:
Looking for replacement parts for Casement windows. Attached are photos.

Window roto hings has HG04-2004U stamped on it.

The hinge works fine but the crank/lever part is what is not working. The screw (or whatever) inside the crank cover must be stripped as the handle will not stay on at all ... we have a left and a right like this.

On 2nd floor we have same windows HOWEVER stamped on them is HG04-2006U ... different is the hinge is longer when opening ... also they work fine.

Please let us know if there is someway we can replace the broken with good.

Thanks
Jim and Linda
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Jim and Linda. Hopefully we can help.

For the first window, it sounds like you'll need to replace the operator. I'm just not sure which, as I cannot see the end of the link arm. See our 39-325 and 39-326 or our 39-329 and 39-330. Just make sure the dimensions match up, and make sure to check the end of the link arm.

For the second window, we actually don't sell that exact hinge but I think our 36-013-10 is a good possibility. Again, look over the dimensions to confirm. We also have a handy installation video.
thanks. is there a way to replace just the operator part that goes with this hinge. That is what is broken. Hinge is good ... the video does not show how the operator part is put on or is that a permament part of the window? Thanks.
OK I now see the part you recommended is for the operator crank with handle but your video shows how to replace the entire hinge. do you have a video showing how to replace the operator crank only. thanks again
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We don't have a video for your specific operator, but it is not difficult. All you need to do is disconnect the link arm from the sash, then unscrew the screws holding the base to the sill. After that you should be able to just take it out.
thanks. does that operator crank come on an almond or beige color ... I only see white. Ours are a beige/almond. Could you check on this please - otherwise I am ready to order and I guess it will have to be white. thanks again
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We mentioned two different types of operator: our 39-329 and 39-330, which both come in almond and white, and our 39-325 and 39-326. Which do you have?
A home owner from Hayden CO says:
We would need the 39-325 and 39-326. Does that come in almond?
here are better photos of operator .... would like new one(s) in almond if possible.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. After looking at these new pictures, I think our 39-330 and 39-329 are better options. These have that same pin at the end of the link arm that yours have. You would also need the new 39-205 handle, since your existing handle will not fit the new operator.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)