Replacement door latch for cmech storm door

A home owner from Annandale VA says:
I ordered a 40-150 storm door latch but it doesn't work with my outside door knob, please recommend a match door knob, or a set that works on cmech storm door.

Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Can you specify what went wrong with our 40-150? Did the spindle not fit, or was it a problem with the installation holes? Could you show us a few pictures of your original handle set with dimensions so that we can find the best replacement?
A home owner from annandale says:
Thanks for your reply, from it I learn the proper terms of parts to ask questions.
I'm pleased with your 40-150.The installation holes of 40-150 matched with our cmech latch.
The problem is the size of spindle not fit with my old door knob, mine is too big. Can you please recommend a door knob that the spindle matches with 40-150?
Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Did you know that you can remove the 40-150 spindle insert to accept a larger size? To remove spindle insert, you can use a 3/32 Allen wrench to loosen the bolt on the side of handle, allowing the spindle insert will fall out. The 40-150 accepts 1/8" spindle with insert, but with the insert removes it accepts a 3/8" spindle. That may be all you have to do.

If that will not work, then we will need a picture of your existing outside handle so that we can find something. There are many, many outside handles that work with the 40-150, but they may not necessarily work in your door. That's why it's important that we see yours. But first, try to remove the spindle insert of the 40-150 and see if that fixes your problem.
A home owner from annandale says:
Thank you Tom and Paul !
As you directed, I did loosen the bolt on the side of handle and the insert fall out and now 40-150 and my old outside door knob work like a team.
Thanks again, I'm really appreciate your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! Let me know if you need anything else.
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.