SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement door lock for sliding glass doors

A quick learner from Indian Harbour Beach, FL says:
I need 6 replacement Daryl sliding glass door locks, non-keyed. The existing Daryl door lock overall dimensions are 7-3/8" long x 1-1/8" wide and a screw spacing of 6-13/16" center to center. There are 2 part numbers - on the exterior part is P/N 15047 and on the interior part is P/N 15049. Any help much appreciated.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
How about our 82-008? Could this possibly work for you? Carefully compare it to your existing hardware and see what you think.
A home owner from Merritt Island, FL says:
Hi Tom, The 82-008 replacement lock will not work on these doors because it is only 15/16" wide. The factory cut-out for the door lock is 1-1/16" wide.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hmmm... I think you might have the very old PM-II Daryl lock. I don't know if it's available anymore. You may be able to use a surface-mount handle set like our 82-005 as a substitute, but even then there are no guarantees. I am sorry we cannot be of more help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)