SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement door pivots

A handy person from Hartsdale, NY says:
These are quite old, I'd say from 50's 60's. I'd hate to take them apart, not having replacements. If something should go wrong I wouldn't be able to close my shop. Please help. Need 2 sets. Both left hand commercial aluminum doors.

Thanks. Phil
User submitted photos of commercial door hardware.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Unfortunately, I don't believe these old pivots are available any longer. You would need to remove them and use a hinge as a substitute. Service people use this kind of substitute more and more, which is why these old pivots are rarer and rarer. We are actually currently working on one that may be a match for you, and we will let you know as soon as we have something for you to look at!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Alright, please see new SWISCO product code 79-092 . This new hinge will take up the whole side of the door, it is a continuous hinge. Take a look and see if maybe you could use this as a substitute
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)