SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement door roller

A handy person from Florida says:
Your part number 81-132 is exactly what I need, but with a height of 1 7/16". Do you have one like that? I've attached two pics showing the old roller. Thanks in advance.
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Well, we also have the 81-267, which is 1-7/16" high. You will need to confirm that all of the other dimensions match yours as well, though. I would also highly recommend triple checking your measurements just to be sure the 81-132 isn't what you need.
A handy person from Florida says:
I did confirm the height at 1 7/16", but the other problem I encountered was inability to break loose the screw that holds the roller in place on the other end of the slider.

Have tried PB Blaster spray and 1500 in-lb impact screwdriver without success.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Try using a "power" screw gun to remove the screw. The torque in the screw gun might break loose the screws. You could also try cutting a slot in the screw head so you can use a flat blade screw driver. When all else fails, you might need to cut off head of the screw .
A quick learner from Florida says:

Thanks. I'll give those ideas a try.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)