SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement for Caldwell 26 4 AN Non-Tilt Window Channel Balance

A friend from Tigard, OR says:
Which of your items should I order to replace a Caldwell 26 4 AN Non-Tilt Channel Balance. I believe Caldwell refers to this as a Series 86 block and tackle channel balance. The length of the metal channel is 27". This is used on a single hung vinyl window. Because it is for a friend's house and I am not there, I do not have pictures of it as installed. I am hoping the pictures I have provided will be sufficient for you to be able to identify what I will need.

Thank you in advance for your help.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I recommend that you look at our Series 385 channel balance. Does this look like a match for you? Let me know what you think.
A friend from Tigard, OR says:
Thanks for the quick response, sorry for my delay in replying, (I was out of country building houses). The 385 Series looks like it would work. If I understand your ordering options correctly I should order the S385-27 with the 2640 option, is that correct?
Thanks again.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, usually a stamp of 26 4 corresponds to our 2640 option. You may want to weigh your sash just to make sure, though.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)