Replacement for CertainTeed 408 Coiled Balance Spring

A quick learner from Olney, Maryland says:
I have identified the replacement as S-170 408 Coiled Balance Spring. However I also need the assembly to which it screws into and can not find it in your listings. Can you direct me to it?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Are you referring to the pivot shoe? If so, on most coil spring pages, you can find a list of "Related Parts" on the right side of each store page. This is a list of hardware that we have confirmed works with or is at least related to the part in question. In the case of the S170-408, we recommend the 15-192 pivot shoe. We also have a variety of other parts related to the S170-408 that may interest you, so please give a look.
A home owner from South Gate Ca says:
I just repaired my certainteed window.I ordered the 15-192 shoe and S170-336 springs. The shoes have nubs that stick out on the sides that the originals dont have. So i reused the old shoes and put the new springs. I could not find the number on the springs so i weighed the sash and ordered the 336 springs. After removing the window parts i found the number to be 407.So i installed the springs and they work fine. I guess if I removed the nubs on the shoes they would work also. This is the first repair i had to do since the windows are 12 years old. Thank you for having the parts and keep up the good work. I will keep your info on hand for my next repair.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm glad it worked! Thanks for sharing your SWISCO story.

SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.