SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement for PSH lockset

A quick learner from Louisville, KY says:
Hello: I'm not sure if PSH is the brand name or not because I can't find anything about PSH anywhere. I have a PSH lockset with a double key lock, inside and out, that I need to replace because we don't have the key. I don't need a double key lock and would be fine with a turn knob on the inside. However my dimensions seem to be different than all of your locksets. My faceplate inside and out is 7" x 1". The side faceplate is 7 1/2 x 1". I've uploaded some images. Not sure what to do here.
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This looks a bit like our 40-049, but you say the dimensions of the faceplate are different. How about the hole spacing? What is the distance between the installation screws, center-to-center, for the handle and the mortise lock?
A quick learner from Louisville says:
Sorry for the delay. I was on vacation. On the outside handle they're 6 3/4 center to center. On the lock they're 5 3/4 center to center, from the top screw to the bottom screw. On the inside handle they're 6 5/8.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. I'm afraid we haven't been able to find a lock set that matches your dimensions exactly. I cannot guarantee that the 40-049 will work, but it appears to be our closest match.
A quick learner from Denver, CO says:
Hopefully this works. I just ordered one for my PSH replacement lock and it seems to match almost exactly. I'll post pics if this works.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)