SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement for Pat. # 5.737.877

A home owner from Marlton, NJ says:
Hello there,
I have a failed window sash balance. The only identifying information on the balance is the Patent # 5.737.877.
A google search of the Patent # led me to your forums.
From looking at the pictures on your website, it appears to me that what I have is a Series 850 Block and Tackle.
Can you please look at my pictures and confirm that I have a series 850 block and tackle balance?
SECOND - The aluminum rod I have is 33" long. Therefore, I believe that when I add one white tab (top) and one white tab (bottom), the total length would be approximately 34.5". and that is what I should order.
Please confirm.
Thank You.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It does look like our S850-34 Crossbow balance. Could you send us another photo? We would like to see the black bottom "T" shoe and the measurement of the width. We will also need the diameter of the spring.
Hello,
The "T" clearly looks like it is a 1.25" tee.
The spring diameter appears to be 1/2".
Please confirm that it is, as best as you can tell, the 850-34 Crossbow balance.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Great, thanks for the updated information! I believe that our S850-34 with a 1-1/4" black shoe is, indeed, the best match.
Thank you for your responses.
I ordered the part last week, received it and successful installed it.
The replacement part matched the original part exactly.
Profile picture of Paul
You're very welcome, we are glad everything worked out for you! Thank you for using Swisco.com!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)