SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement for old Kinko parts

A home owner from Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl says:
I bought Swisco model # 26-054 to replace my old Kinko parts. Unfortunately these do not work. Because these windows are so old I can't find the model #. I am sending you a picture of the item that I need to replace. Can you please tell me the correct model # I need to order?

Thank you,

Rena
User submitted a photo of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Rena, thanks for posting. If our 26-054 didn't work for you, then I'm not sure what else could. Did you compare the dimensions of yours to those that we show for our latch? Can you tell me how they differ? Could I also see a few pictures of your latch from a few different angles?
A home owner from Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl says:
According to my handyman the replacement part was thicker, and rectangular where the Kinko part had an angular cut. Is there another part I can use or a way to make this work?

Thanks
User submitted photos of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us, these pictures are perfect. Now, the angled cut actually isn't made anymore. The only ones available now are neutral-handed latches like our 26-054. These can be used for both the left and right. You can pull the latch in to tilt the sash, but then you have to manually hold them in as you close the frame and release it to lock it in.

Our 26-054 is the closest match that we have. When you installed them, where exactly were you running into problems?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)