SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement for older handle set?

A home owner from ringwood. nj says:
Hi what handle set is equivalent to this older set from 1984 ? Its the original from year my home was built.
Door is at least 2.5" thick with outside weatherproof material..
Rob D.
User submitted a photo of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Rob. Can you confirm the thickness of your door? 2-1/2" is extraordinarily thick. Is it a wood door? Could we also see some pictures of the other hardware related to this handle, such as the lock, the thumb latch, and the outside pull?

As for the handle itself, our 82-069 may work for you. However it will likely not work on a door that thick. Please confirm that measurement and let me know. In the meantime, go over the 82-069 and let me know if you think it will work, otherwise.
A quick learner from Ringwood, NJ says:
Hi Dave thanks for your reply. I misspoke , the door is actually 1 3/4" thick.here are some pics.We have three sliding doors all the same make model and size and all three have these handles.two doors have had the handles
Come loose so we are looking to replace all three . Ive attached the lock mechanism and what the inside handle looks like.I hope this helps! Thanks Rob D. , Ringwood , NJ
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Thanks! Yes, I think our 82-069 is our best match. Truth be told, your handle set looks more like our keyed 82-034 and 82-075, but they are for 1-3/8" thick and 1-5/8" thick doors, respectively.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)