SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement glass sliding door wheels

A handy person from USA says:
Replacement glass sliding door wheels
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Please start by looking at our 81-256 roller. This may be a replacement. Yours is an older style. I would just carefully look over our 82-256 to confirm that our information matches up.
A home owner from St. Louis, MO says:
Ordered a pair of 81-256 rollers for my aluminum-framed Peachtree patio door circa 1983. When they arrived, they appeared to be a perfect match EXCEPT for the dimples on each side. Actual measurement difference of -1/32" on dimple height leading to about -1/16" total width difference. All other measurements spot on. The resulting wobble did not allow a stable install. I solved the problem by cutting two shims from galvanized heating duct material and placed them on either side of the roller assembly inside the aluminum cross frame. Perfect install and the slide action is like greased Teflon. This is an easy fix and will save you much misery.

Moral: Dimple width is very important and is often not considered in measuring assembly width.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)