SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement installation information for S860 balances

A quick learner from Weymouth, Ma. USA says:
Hello All,
I just purchased a pair of S860-24 Swico block & tackle balances to replace one that failed on a 12 year old vinyl replacement window. There is a lot of very useful info on your site, but I cannot seem to find specific replacement installation information for this type of balance. The system looks simple and it appears that the balance assembly is secured to the top of the window frame with a single screw. Are there any tips or procedures that I should follow when replacing both blances?
Thank You in advance.
Bill
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
First, remove the window sash from the window jamb channel. Install the nylon shoe in the track and then screw the balance rod at the top. With a large flat-head screwdriver, work down the nylon shoe about 6", and then repeat on the other side and reinstall the window sash.
A quick learner from Weymouth, Ma. USA says:
Hi Mike,
Thank You for the response. It looks simple, but I did not want to mess with it till I was sure.
Regards
Bill
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)