SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement lock

A quick learner from Sacraemtno, CA says:
Hi, I saw a mortise double lock (part 82-238)similar to mine on your web site. My is 8" screw hole from center, 45 degree key and here is a picture of it. Thank you.

Sou
User submitted photos of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Just to clarify, are you just looking for the inside mortise lock, or the entire handle set including inside lock? Also, can you confirm that the 8" hole center distance you're measuring is the two outside screw holes for the inside lock? Thanks!
Thank you for a reply, I measure it again it was 7 3/4" from the two outside screw holes for the inside lock, I am just looking to get the inside mortise lock only. But the keyway is 45 degree. Can you suggest me a new mortise lock.

Thank you
Sou
Profile picture of Tom
In that case, I think that our 82-238 is the best match we have right now. It seems to match your dimensions well. You might want to compare it to what your mortise lock looks like when it's removed from the door, as well.
Hi, will the 82-238 lock work, my have 45 degree keyway. here is the picture.

User submitted photos of a patio door lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Ahh, I see what you mean. It's good that you posted that, because now I don't know if our 82-238 will work.

I'm at a bit of a loss right now. I think the best choice of action would be to remove your mortise lock fully from the door and take a picture of it separately. I'm hoping that by seeing the entire piece, we may have a better idea of what we're working with and what can replace it. Thank you for your cooperation.
A quick learner from sacramento, ca says:
Here is the picture you requested.
User submitted a photo of a mortise lock.

VANGUARD us6672632
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for your continued patience in this matter. After extensive research, we have not been able to find a replacement for this mortise lock. However, we will maintain our search. If we should ever find a replacement for this in the future, I will let you know immediately. I am sorry we could not be of more assistance at this point in time.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)