SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement lock

A home owner from Fort Lauderdale says:
we have been looking to fix our patiorama sliding glass door lock but don't know what part is right. I have attached pics to help you see the parts I'm talking about.

User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Emy. Patiorama door was made by Daryl industries in the 1960's. I don't believe it is still available, so I would suggest installing a surface mounted handle like our 82-021. Take a look and see what you think.
A professional from CA says:
Slide-co 152494 is the missing strike. They are tough to install in a jamb, but since this door has a false jamb, it shouldn't be difficult. This type of mortise (14426) doesn't often break. If you want to sell them a universal handle, and you don't have the clear aluminum one, at least suggest the bronze one. White doesn't match as well with aluminum IMHO. They will also need 89-012 or some other type of strike. There's nothing to attach the included strike to. This will be a mess. The 152494 would work much better.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)