SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement lock needed

A quick learner from New Jersey says:
Hello,
I have posted 2 pics of a broken casement window lock, and 1 picture of an original identical to the one that broke. Could you please let me know if you have a lock that we could order to replace it?
The only markings I found were a circle with a 1 and a circle with a B1 printed on the inside of the lock.

Thank you!
Heather
User submitted photos of a window lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Heather. Start out by looking at our 38-095 and 38-139 and let me know if either of these are a good match for this lock. Make sure to carefully compare the specs we show to your own hardware.
A quick learner from New Jersey says:
Thank you for responding. The 38-139 measurements look right, but the lock I am replacing has the handle on the other side - the handle pushes down on the left side, but with both 38-139 and the other you mentioned, the handle pushes down on the right. Is there a replacement for the other side or are these replacements supposed to work for either side?
Thank you!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
These parts can work for both the left and right side, yes!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)