SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement metal tilt pins for Visions 2000 vinyl windows

A quick learner from Ann Arbor Michigan says:
I am looking for metal tilt pins for vinyl vertical sliding windows. The window manufacturer is Visions 2000 Windows and Doors. The broken pins I have number a total of 8 that I need to replace. They look similar to the ones on your web page but their total length is 2.5 inches. The quality of these original pins is suspect as everytime one cleans the windows by tilting a pin seems to break. Which pins should I rder from your web site for the windows described.

Thanks for your help.
Michael
A user submited photo of pivot pin
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Michael. Could you please give me the distance between the center of the screw holes to the head of the pivot bar?
A quick learner from Ann Arbor, Michigan says:
Paul per your request, and per my photo sent above there are four holes to the left of the head of the pivot bar. Dimensions from the center lines of the holes to the outer edge of the head of the pivot bar are as follows: From left to right, Hole no. 1 furthest from the head of the pivot bar is 2 in. Next hole is 1 and 15/16 in. third hole is 1 and 1/8 in. and the fourth hole closest to the head of the pivot bar is 15/16 in.

Thanks for your help.
Mike
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you, Mike. While I don't believe we have anything that matches exactly, please see our 26-272, 26-383, and 26-378. Do you think any of these may work?
A quick learner from Ann Arbor Michigan says:
Thanks Paul for your help. I believe product code 26-378 may work. I just placed an order for eight pins.

Appreciate your assistance.

Mike
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)