SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement operator needed

A home owner from San Francisco says:
Can I get some help? I have ordered two replacement parts (39-092 and 39-283) and neither have worked. I have sent pics into the website and gotten no reply. The pic below shows the existing window casement operator and the new one I ordered, which is about 1 inch bigger than the existing. Also the existing has a hole where the crank fits in, then new one has a piece that sticks out. Do you still make something that will work with our windows? They were installed in 2004, here are the numbers I could find on the windows: HG04 2000, 0P05 7532.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. This is pretty weird. Your old operator is the "Pro Drive" style, which is no longer made. However, the housing should be the same size as the new "X Drive" style. We've replaced the old style with the new style hundreds of times with no issue like this. Would you be able to show us a couple pictures of the older operator totally removed from the window? Can you also show us the cutout where the operator installs, after it's been taken out? That would help us as we search for a possible solution.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)