SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement outside plastic pull, for sliding glass door

A quick learner from Craryville, Ny 12521 says:
The pull to the locking handle of my sliding glass door broke. It is the outdoor-facing plastic pull that attaches on the left side of the door from the outside (locks from the inside). There are (2) 3 inch screws that are also damaged. The only markings I could find are on the inside the locking handle, reads: "Canadian Patent Office, Patent No 3596954, 1972."

The closest replacement grip available on your site is "Outside Pull, Product Code: 82-042." However, the screws holes are spaced 4 15/16 inches apart. I need a pull with screw holes spaced 5 7/8 inches apart. See attached photo.

Perhaps this part is discontinued and you have a spare in your inventory? Please advise.

Thank you,
Kevin
User submitted photos of a patio door handle set.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hi, Kevin. Would our 82-306 work better? This has many more hole settings and comes with a key. let me know what you think.
Hole center dimensions for 82-306
A quick learner says:
Hi Tom,

I saw the this, but I'd rather try to replace the pull that's damaged. I have 4 other sliders with the same hardware and would like to keep it in the family. Do you no longer carry the part I need to replace?

Thanks,
Kevin
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Your hole centers are a little different than normal. I think your only option it the 82-306. It seems to have the hole centers you need, which isn't something I can say for any other handle I've looked at. It does come with the key cylinder, but if you don't need the key you can always remove the tail end, though you will need to keep the cylinder to cover the hole. Sorry we can't offer a better solution.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)