SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement parts

A quick learner from USA says:
The below channel pictures are from a window I repaired for someone. This channel has 25 5 LQ printed on it. There are no other stamping. The metal part is 26" and the window is 29" high.
The last "repairman" worked on a smaller window, determined it was unfixable, threw out the channels, and wedged the window back into the sash.
Can you give me the part number I would need for the smaller window? It is 36" wide and 17" high. They are vinyl so not real heavy.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Rick. For the first window, see our S385-26 channel balance with a 2550 option. For the second window, assuming t hat the Series is the same as the first window, I would go with our S385-14. You will need to weigh the sash to determine the proper option. I highly recommend against guessing, as these can be delicate systems.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)