SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement parts for Alcan windows.

A quick learner from Palm City Florida says:
I have Alcan windows in a condo built in 1988. The problems I am having are exactly as shown in photos included in a post from a home owner in Ponce Inlet, FL, which was responded to by Mike dated August 11, 2011. The clips are disintegrating and the plastic frame around the windows, which I guess is the "glazing" is brittle and breaks if it is touched.

Do you still carry replacement parts for these windows? Is replacing the glazing something I can do myself? I am fairly handy.

I see the glazing comes in 6 ft lengths. Am I correct in that?

I am at my home in Florida for a very limited time. If I order replacement parts and you have them in stock? How quickly are they shipped?

Thanks so much. I will be figuring out my order in the hopes that you have these parts.

Pamela Griffith
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure about the glazing. We had a lot of discussions that day, and I can't find which one you are talking about. You can always browse through our glazing material section and see if you can find a match there. As for shipping times, check out our Shipping Policy. As for the clip itself, it closely resembles our 55-182.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)