SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement parts for Jeld Wen windows which are 15-20 years old.

A landlord from Madison, WI says:
I have ordered these parts on two occasions from Menards in 2011 and 2014. They no longer have part #s for these items. What I am looking for is as follows:
Jeld Wen Vinyl Windows

--Vendor part # 21622. 26-C Excaliber Tilt Balance 2799 Hook & 7066 Shoe

--Vendor part # 21918. Pivot Bar W/stop Collar Fastek 23111

I called Jeld Wen and they referred me to you.

Thank you,
Cheryl
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Cheryl. I'm afraid those numbers you gave us don't correspond to anything in our inventory. Would you be able to show us pictures of what you have now removed from the window? That will help us research a good solution.
I will take some pictures and get them to you
Thanks,
Cheryl
On 10/12 I sent pictures and measurements on the parts I need. Was that e-mail received? Please advise.
Thank you,
Cheryl
Profile picture of Tom
Unfortunately, we have not received your pictures. If you can, please upload them directly to this thread. It will be a huge help to keep your correspondence down to just this thread, that way we can help you as soon as we can and avoid as little confusion as possible.
Here is my second attempt. If not successful, can I fax them to you?
Cheryl

Not doing too well. Can you tell anything from the one photo?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
That's perfect. Looks like you have something similar to our Series 795 channel balance, but with a couple key differences. First, your shoe appears to be smaller than the one that comes with our balance by default. I would suspect you have the 15-194, instead of the 15-195. Can you confirm?

It also looks like yours attaches at the top with a hook, rather than a screw tab. That would be our 15-198.

We can make this balance for you, though it would have to be custom made. Can you just confirm the stamp printed on the balance, the length of the metal channel, and how many you need?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)