SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement parts for vinyl windows

A home owner from Colorado says:
Hi,
I'm looking for replacement part for my double hung windows. I need new sash balances for 4 windows. The balance is stamped with a number of 27TG. It measures 28 inches long and is approximately 1/2 inch wide. It has a spring at the top part of the balance, and connects to the window frame by a screw. Online I saw post from a Michigan home owner. Their picture look exactly like mine. They recommend part number 26-151 and 26-152 for locking shoe for the channel balance. Please let me know if this is correct. I have four window that need repair. Thanks so much for your help.

Best Regards,
Angie
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Based on your pictures, I would recommend our S751-28 channel balance. This appears to match what you have. Look it over and tell me what you agree. Keep in mind, however, that this is a ribbed channel balance. I can't quite make out whether yours is ribbed or plain. Can you confirm?
A home owner from Colorado says:
Hi,

What do you mean by ribbed? There is a spring at the top of the balance and then the bottom half some kind of pulley system with string. You can see the bottom part of the balance in one of the pictures above. What do you recommend for the locking shoe?

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
There are two types of tilt window channel balances: ribbed, and plain. Specifically, this relates to the design of the metal channel itself. Look at this page for reference.

The Series 751 comes with the 15-014 shoe pre-attached. You can also purchase it separately, if you can swap it out yourself. I think this shoe matches yours, based on the second picture displayed above. The shoe in that picture is still installed, however, so keep in mind that I can't be sure if there are any important details obscured that would change my suggestion.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)