SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement parts for vinyl windows

A home owner from Colorado says:
I'm looking for replacement part for my double hung windows. I need new sash balances for 4 windows. The balance is stamped with a number of 27TG. It measures 28 inches long and is approximately 1/2 inch wide. It has a spring at the top part of the balance, and connects to the window frame by a screw. Online I saw post from a Michigan home owner. Their picture look exactly like mine. They recommend part number 26-151 and 26-152 for locking shoe for the channel balance. Please let me know if this is correct. I have four window that need repair. Thanks so much for your help.

Best Regards,
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Based on your pictures, I would recommend our S751-28 channel balance. This appears to match what you have. Look it over and tell me what you agree. Keep in mind, however, that this is a ribbed channel balance. I can't quite make out whether yours is ribbed or plain. Can you confirm?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)