SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement parts were not correct

A quick learner from Fruita Colorado says:
I ordered parts 58-111 and 79-030 on 2/4/16 (ship to Mynette Foley Western Valley Family Practice 281 N Plum St Fruita CO 81521) and installed them on the door. I think that these parts did not fit correctly. Need assistance to get the correct replacement parts. Bristles on 79-030 were not long enough about 1/8" too short. For 58-111 the bristles were much narrower and barely filled the gap between the doors. Photos are of the new parts installed showing the problems. Also included a photo of both the old and new door weather strips.
User submitted photos of commercial door weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Both the 79-030 and 58-111 are standard in the industry. The 58-111 is actually a genuine Kawneeer part. I would suggest using some small washers (the manufacturer sometimes uses a type of small rubber O ring) to pack out the 79-030 face plate. The 58-111 weather stripping it is spring loaded. If you were to loosen up the screws it should spring out to close the gap between the doors.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)