SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement pivot shoe

A quick learner from Boston says:
I am looking for replacement pivot shoe parts

Thank you
User submitted a photo of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
There are two possibilities, but I'm not sure which is better. You will have to compare your dimensions to what we show for each and see what you think. Take a look at our 15-178 and 15-188 pivot lock shoes.
The 15-188 looks like the best match. The break is the same blue color. The only difference is the length my part is 2.5" not 2 1/8" would this affect the operation of the window.

Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Don't worry, the height isn't important. The only things that matter are the width and thickness.
The pivot shoes fit thank you. Do you have replacement cams for the 15-188. The window slips down a little when I open it. Do I need to tighten the spiral balance and is there a tool for that.
Thank you
Profile picture of Paul
Yes, the balance sounds like it needs to be adjusted a little. See the guide below for more information how. I'm afraid we do not sell cams separately.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)