SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement rolling door wheel

A quick learner from Caribbean says:
Hello - I need to find either replacement assembly or more preferred is just wheel (and tools/others items) to replace the wheel on sliding door assembly.

Attached are photos of the assembly showing the wheel - the wheels are damaged and corroded, barings and old/rusted/split.

Total needed is around 400 wheels and axles/rivets/etc.

User submitted photo of sliding door roller.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for submitting your photos.

Before we can make a recommendation, please give us the dimensions of the roller housing and wheel. Also, do you know the manufacturer of the door?
A quick learner says:
See new image. My preference would be to replace the wheel only as budget is tight.

Cannit determine manufacturer of sliding doors, I am checking.
User submitted photo of their roller with dimensions.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It looks like you have the 81-013 roller assembly. Your measurements are close to the 81-013 dimensions except for the wheel. The 81-013 wheel has a 1-1/4" diameter. You can purchase the inner roller of the 81-013 assembly separately, see 81-014.

Take a look at those two products and let me know what you think.
A quick learner says:
Sorry but that item doesn't look right and sheel is smaller and its also too expensive.

Assembly 81-038 has the perfect size wheel and rest of the assemly looks almost the same as we have.

What is difference between steel and nylon wheel? Assume nylon wheel would be more durable in humid environments?
Profile picture of Dave
Personally, I prefer the steel roller. To help with corrosion, spray the rollers with a silicone-based spray.
A quick learner says:
I have ordered some samples and will assess sutiablity when they arrive. Thanks for your assistance.
Profile picture of Dave
We're looking forward to your feedback.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)