SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement sash clips

A home owner from New York City says:
I need to order new spiral balances for my home windows but I am concerned that the sash clips are damaged to the extent of being unable to last many more years.
I couldn't identify my clips from the reference samples provided on the website, can you identify these for me?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Start by looking at our Series 600 spiral balance and 15-046 pivot shoe. Carefully go over the information we have for each part and see how well they match up to your hardware.
A quick learner from New York City says:
Paul:
That sure looks like it!
Thanks also for the video reference on how to remove them; I will give it a try to confirm the part.
In the video, it looks like the spiral clip went in at an angle. Mine is dropped into the center slot. Does it matter? Are all three positions good?

Best-
Bill
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Bill! Glad I was able to help. You should be okay using the same center position, actually. Definitely stick with that if it's worked fine so far.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)