SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement sliding door handle

A home owner from West Roxbury, MA says:
Please recommend the appropriate replacement door handle and lock set for our glass sliding door.

The measurement between the two screws is 3.5 inches. The wood handle is on the interior side of the sliding door, which slides from right to left. Is there a left and a right model, since the one that I bought previously seemed to only work in one direction. Photos are attached. I need one that locks from the inside, without a key. I prefer the wood handle style of the one I have now. Thank you so much.

User submitted photos of a sliding door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Marybeth. For the handle, please look at our 82-004 and compare it to your own hardware. Could this work for you?

Now, there are no right or left hand sides to this handle. The 82-004 can be installed on either side, and all you have to do is turn it in the direction you desire.
A home owner from west roxbury, MA says:
In repsonse to your suggestion, would 82-055 work as well as the 82-004? I am not crazy about the white handle. Thanks so much.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes! As a matter of fact, the 82-004 and 82-055 are interchangeable.
A home owner from West Roxbury, MA says:
Thanks, Tom. I appreciate your help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)