SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement storm door latch

A quick learner from Maryland says:
My storm door was new about a dozen years ago. Recently I discovered that the latch had become twisted and that was the reason the door wouldn't stay closed without locking. Lock is not integrated with latch. I don't know how the twisting occurred but while the rest of the assembly appears to be metal, I think the latch itself is not. It's thick, but might be plastic, resin, or something. Even in angles form, edges are not especially sharp.

Screw holes are approx 1 3/4 apart for both latch and lock. Hole through which latch operates is approx 1 1/4 by 1 3/4.

Inside, latch is operated by push lever, outside is operated by knob.

I want to replace the latch assembly, and would be okay with replacing lock assembly as well if it comes with, although that's not absolutely necessary.

I'm reasonably handy around the home and can follow good directions.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

C Blair
User submitted photos of a storm door handle set.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I've seen this handle before. We don't carry it, but we still may be able to offer a solution. What I've done in the past is use our 40-145 latch. I also shim it up with our 40-179 so that it builds the latch up to the height needed to catch the keeper.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)